Thursday, May 18, 2017

Bob’s Re-purposed Redwood Table

I was asked by my wife to build a table to go behind our couch in the family room. Having some 2-1/2″ thick redwood boards recycled from a above ground water tank, I decided to re-purpose these boards into this table. All boards were surfaced planed and jointed to 2-3/8″ thick. All joints are mortise and tenon. I integrated two 110v-USB plugs in the top to power small table lamps and to allow charging station for iPhone or iPads. Table legs and stretcher have mild curves inspired by your trestle table.

Entire table was sanded to 220 grit, then finished with Minwax polyurethane satin finish-8 coats. Table is 15″ wide, 32″ tall and 64″ long. I enjoyed making this table and have been asked to make two more for my daughters. Its the best reward ever for a woodworker when your work is appreciated by family. Having fun making sawdust!

The post Bob’s Re-purposed Redwood Table appeared first on The Wood Whisperer.



from The Wood Whisperer http://ift.tt/2rjFKz5
via IFTTT