Friday, August 26, 2022

Modifying a Builtin – I Did it for the Kids!

When we moved into our new house, one of the first things I noticed was the built-in in the family room. Older built-ins were often constructed as entertainment centers for CRT televisions which were very heavy and usually topped out at about 36″. These days, TVs are so cheap and so big that they tend to look odd (to my eye) sitting in an entertainment center that was built for the TVs of the previous generation. That was the case in our new house so I decided to do something about it. A fairly simple modification to the partitions and shelves would open up the space and allow me to fill it with some delectable 4K goodness. The project was a little more involved than I originally expected and the situation was complicated by the fact that all of my tools are still packed away, but I was able to get to the finish line in one day. And while you might think this is something I did for my own selfish reasons, I actually did it for my kids. ;)

Looking for the multi-tool I used in this video? Go here!

The post Modifying a Builtin – I Did it for the Kids! appeared first on The Wood Whisperer.



from The Wood Whisperer https://ift.tt/STqBsiO
via IFTTT